Friday, November 4, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!  It is my hope that this blog will become a resource for learning and understanding learning theories from many vantage points.  By trade, I am a Technical Writer as well as a Trainer, though I started my professional life as a Teacher.  I taught in a Montesorri setting which emphasizes the constructivism theory of learning.  This experience formed many of my viewpoints on education and learning that I hope to carry forward in my professional development.

In an effort to further my understanding of learning and learning theories, I have chosen a few blogs to follow.  They include:

E-Learning Queen.  This blog emphasizes distance learning and how to use emergent technologies in an effort to provide a meaningful e-learning experience.  Her interviews with experts in the field of e-learning are excellent resources when contemplating how to craft curriculum for an e-learning audience. This blog provides valuable insight to the many facets of my educational journey that I hope to pass on when developing curriculum and instruction in an online environment.

Instructional Design and Coffee.  This blog provides a more humurous view on instructional design, along with a look at many tips and tricks you can utilize when creating training materials.  I especially enjoyed her real life look at how to focus your training materials for the audience and how to make the subject matter more appealing.  I hope to use this blog to discover many useful nuggets when it comes to creating engaging curriculum and training materials for education professionals.

Cathy Moore: Let's save the world from boring elearning!  This blog poses several thought-provoking topics regarding instructional design and how students learn.  Cathy Moore provides several scenarios that focus on creating courseware that benefits students and their quest in gaining knowledge online.  Many of the topics on this blog focus on WHAT students need to know and then HOW to provide them with that knowledge. 

My hope is that as I continue my education on learning and learning theories that this list of blogs will grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment